Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nostalgic Gopher Love

 

 


My favourite childhood memories always consisted of family vacations and road trips. My father would keep his eyes open for road kill that he could eventually taxidermy -- once he picked up a snowy owl who was the victim of a barbed wire fence. The owl was placed in the back of our wood-paneled station wagon, alongside me and my sisters, while we traveled across rural Saskatchewan. It eventually made a home in our freezer where it lived for years. Unfortunately, it never reached it's full potential as a taxidermy altarpiece. 

Torrignton Gopher Museum, of Torrington Alberta, mixes my nostalgic love of road trips and taxidermy. If you ever get the chance to travel across rural Alberta you should probably hit it up. In the meantime, here's some budget pics that'll whet your desire of shadow box taxidermy.


Peace and Love,
Joyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment